A growing Overland Park, KS company is seeking a project accountant to join our team! BioStar Renewables is a full-service, clean-energy company providing complete turnkey project implementation from engineering, financing, construction and operations. The company is redefining "energy-services" by delivering solutions that both produce and reduce kilowatts for the new energy economy. Our company operates in a fast-paced environment with multiple subsidiaries and large-scale construction type projects across
the United States.
We are looking for a Project Accountant to help our accounting team. This position will primarily be responsible for select project Billing and Accounts Payable processes, including responding to client inquiries, verifying cost allocations, coordinating with lenders and maintaining accurate general ledgers in accordance with established accounting standards and policies. The ideal candidate will be an effective and experienced player with a thorough knowledge of GAAP and related accounting software and experience in the construction industry. This position reports to the Accounting Manager.
- Effectively communicate with Project Managers (PM) and supervisors regarding project documents and accounting matters.
- Maintain schedules of production and budget models for revenue.
- Prepare and transmit monthly invoices for projects, including all applicable backup.
- Research any unbilled/high variance project locations to ensure accuracy.
- Maintain records for all projects, including proposals, contracts and invoices.
- Enter accounts payables for project locations and update budget models with expenses.
- Enter cash receipts payments and post against receivables.
- Prepare monthly request packets for lender and transmit required supporting documents.
- Post intercompany allocations of expenses.
- Generate and distribute monthly receivables reports, monthly profitability reports and balance sheets.
- Prepare monthly journal entries as needed.
- Coordinate with team members on the preparation of sales tax returns.
- Provide year-end support of auditor requirements, which may include research and reconcilement.
- Perform additional project assignments, as directed by the Accounting Manager.
SKILL, KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or business.
- Intermediate to advanced computer literacy, including experience in word processing, spreadsheets and accounting software.
- More than 3 years of A/R and A/P experience, preferably in a multi-company environment.
- Knowledge of Sage software or similar accounting platform, a plus.
- A thorough knowledge of GAAP, experience in the construction industry a plus.
- Ability to work well with others under deadline situations and respond to changes in priorities.
- Good written and verbal communication skills and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, set priorities and see projects through to completion.
- Employ problem-solving skills and analysis, and report problems to the Accounting Manager, as necessary.
- Strong service orientation.
- Knowledge of project structure in a client/consultant business environment.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com