THE FUTURE OF SUSTAINABLE AG & SOIL HEALTH
IMPORTANCE OF SOIL HEALTH
Soils are the foundation of both natural and agricultural systems, and therefore soil health of foundational importance for life on our planet. Healthy soils are more efficient at holding and releasing water, nutrients, and allowing for optimal crop production while reducing heavy carbon footprint inputs. BioStar’s technology allows for better usage and recycling of nutrients from manures that, when overapplied, can damage soil health. The use of SuperSix™ fertilizer, as part of a complete fertility plan in Organic Agriculture, helps encourage and foster healthy and productive soils that grow healthy and productive crops. The combination of reductions in practices that can be damaging to soil health and an increase in practices that foster soil health put BioStar on the leading edge of practical solutions to soil health issues in agriculture today.
Manure collection pit in Sheboygan Falls, WI.
BioStar uses AFO (Animal Feeding Operations) waste as a feedstock to produce organic fertilizer and for energy generation.
- Reduced manure handling costs and eliminate dredging of existing lagoons
- Improved soil health and management plans, including the capturing of phosphorus
- Elimination of nutrient run-off into groundwater or waterways
- Killing of pathogens
- Improved air quality, dramatic reduction in odors and capturing of hydrogen sulphide
- Greatly reduce insects and rodents from presence of manure
SuperSix™ ORGANIC LIQUID FERTILIZER
Using two patented technologies, BioStar utilizes waste management practices and methoologies to convert waste into energy and organic fertilizer.
OMRI Listed SuperSix™ Organic Liquid Nitrogen Fertilizer is the first and only true 100% plant available, organic nitrogen fertilizer. SuperSix™ is proven to boost crop yields and promote soil health and fertility. It’s pathogen-free and safe for use on food crops, lawns and golf courses.
- 100% plant available - over 90% ammoniacal nitrogen
- Performs during low ambient soil temperatures
- Clean flow through drip lines and sprayers without clogging
- Both heat-treated and ultra-filtered to ensure safety and quality
- Helps meet the demand for increased organic food production with OMRI (Organic Materials Review Institute) listed fertilizer products
Processed clean water from our fertilizer plant at Majestic Crossings Dairy.
For every 100,000 gallons of manure treated, BioStar’s proprietary systems give back 78,000 gallons of clean water that can be recycled back into the farming system for use by crops or livestock, or released into a local body of water.
This process allows for nutrients to be returned to farm fields without damaging the environment or riparian systems, all while reducing operational farm costs and producing carbon neutral biogas.
BIOGAS | WASTE-TO-ENERGY
BioStar believes manure and organic feedstocks are the minerals for the new energy economy of the 21st century.
- Approximately a 50% reduction in solids going into the digester being converted to biogas
- Reduction in greenhouse gas emissions by capturing methane CH4 and potentially CO2
- Teaches kids and adults alike for the future of sustainable farming
- Capturing value-added products from the digestate, including the potential for BioStar proprietary ammonia capture process and return clean water for animals or processing
- No capital outlay – BioStar pays to build and operate the facility
- Best of all farmers are making money – “Do good by doing good”
Exterior view of our Waste-to-Energy plant in San Bernardino, CA.